Monday, November 23, 2009

Over The River

I refuse. I will not. I am making a stand. There will be no Christmas at the Wagner's before Thanksgiving. The pumpkins are still piled on the front porch. Bittersweet and mum's are still in baskets and bins on my patio. Mr.and Mrs Pilgrim stand at attention on my dining room table, ready to greet family and friends on Thursday.

Yes. I have been Christmas shopping. Various and sundry sacks and boxes are crammed into every available closet. They are just not wrapped and under a tree already. I am certainly planning the always dreaded family picture when everyone is here. Ahh...Mom. Come on. Not today. Well, if not today, when we will we all be together again? Christmas. And then it is too late. Smile Everyone.

I know Christmas is coming. But Thanksgiving is in itself a great holiday. Let's not rush through the time to be with people we love most in the world. Let's enjoy THIS holiday without the pressure of presents and decorations and parties and credit cards and traffic and crowds. Just enjoy great food and great families-great football and great parades.

Santa Claus is coming to town-sure he is. Just not yet. Gather together and ask the Lord's Blessings....and be thankful!!! chrissie

2 comments:

dec 1st said...

I concur!!!! They had Christmas out at Halloween---it makes me crazy. Just a marketing strategy for us to buy more and longer. I will not fall victim to the retailer ploy.

Anonymous said...

Are you decorating yet? I am holding out until at least the 10th/